Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Love is strange

LENTEN Scripture reading:

But I am giving you a new command. You must love each other just as I have loved you. If you love each each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples.

John 13:24-25

 

For my husband, love is someone taking the shirts out of the dryer before they get wrinkly, or cooking eggs for him before he goes to work.

For my firstborn, love is a hair brushing session after a long shower.

 

For me, love is family harmony, adventure, thoughtfulness, and growing in The Lord.

The kids take turns reading the kids version of Jesus Calling on the way to school (when they are not fighting over whose turn it is to sit in the front).

Speaking of reading, I found it humorous to see my two current books side by side.

Ummm yes. I do believe I am a geek mom...the kind who buys her kids toy microscopes and telescopes for Christmas. The kind who is thrilled to find a book of family adventures at the local public library.

Side-by-side....how to plan a more glorious childhood for your family with "how to survive your family".

On any given day I need help on both ends of the spectrum, from super-mom moments to "wow, you just blew it" moments.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.