"I have died, but Christ lives in me.
And now I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me.
I do not turn my back on God's gift of undeserved grace. If we can be made holy by observing the Law, then Christ died for nothing.
If we can be made acceptable to God, then it was useless for Christ to die."
Galatians 2:20-21
You would think that I would have a better handle on this after twenty-eight years of practicing Christianity, but it's a journey for me, a process of better understanding "the deep mysteries of Christ". I get caught up in the details of all that should be done and forget to sit at the feet of Jesus and just enjoy Him. My quiet time becomes scripture study or going through a prayer list instead of simply connecting with the One who loves me. My service becomes one more thing on the calendar or to-do list instead of walking through life with my Savior, being His hands and feet. Listening to His voice and yielding to His direction.
I know that I am not alone in this busy version of Christianity.
Paul talks about how it was a struggle for him to consistently do the right thing. He was willing, but weak. He knew what to do, but didn't consistently choose to do it.
My pastor spoke of how he can't read a passage like 1 Corinthians 13 on the nature of love and not be astounded by how far he is from God's standard. Who is consistently kind and selfless? So does that? Only Jesus.
We journey on, resting in grace, relying on the work that Christ already did on our behalf, not the work we can do for Him, and ask Him to breathe fresh life into our souls and bless the works of our hands.
This focus is my Lenten gift to Him.
.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.