Friday, March 8, 2013

Any way you slice it.

This is how my daughter of Latvian descent slices cucumbers. I did a a double-take and bit my lip before I could say, "I meant for you to slice them in circles, like my Mom always did." To my personal way of thinking, that is how you cut zucchini. God caught my thinking just in time to realize that a cucumber is still a cucumber any way you slice, chop, or dice it.

Adjusting to being a family of seven is full of minuscule adjustments like this. It really doesn't matter. It's simply a matter or tradition or habit, or even preference.

Lord, help me to focus on the things that really matter: issues of the heart. Help me say "Yes!" And "Great job!" much more often than "Did you leave your dirty clothes in the bathroom floor again?" Help me not to miss the beautiful by getting caught up in the trivial. Be quick to clamp your hand over my mouth when necessary.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.