Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lounge singer love adapted to families

Language learning in the frosty air. Trying to blow frosty breath clouds to make the thr- sound.


One, two, shreee.....

 

One of the things that has always cracked me up is that whenever I have traveled outside of the United States, at least one decades-old song will pop up in English in some hotel that caters to travelers.

In the Inter-Continental in Cote D'Ivoire it was "Smooth Operator". But, because the "th" sound is so foreign to many, it came out "Smoooooze Operator". Now I cannot hear the original version without laughing.

"No need to ask, he's a SMMMMOOOOOOZE Operator! Coast to Coast, L.A. to Chicago.

Today's favorite lounge lyrics are "I love you just the way you are".


I could not leave you, in times of trouble,
We never would have come this far,
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times,
I'll take you just the way you are.


I said I love you, and that's forever,
And this I promise from the heart,
I couldn't love you, any better,
I love you just the way you are.


Even if you say "one, two, shree" the rest of your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.