Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Keeping Christmas- Half Day- Dec. 4

The kids had a half day at their schools, so that meant a half day of homeschooling for us too.

We investigated probability, graphing, and equivalent fractions with a Halloween snack-sized bag of m&m's.

We put our Lego Advent calendar from two years ago back together with only minimal complaining over who got what (as I randomly sorted the bags into lunch sacks and proclaimed the "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" rule.

What's a boy to do with a wrapping paper tube?
Have a Christmas war, of course!
 

We made Christmas cone trees this year instead of individual "gingerbread" houses as I didn't feel up for a big batch of royal icing.


Along with the spirit of simplicity, I elected not to do a twinkly light bannister as it seems all of our garland and little trees seem to have broken in the same year. Replacing them might be a task I return to when I'm sixty.
 
We had a low-key scavenger hunt with the Nativity pieces from the What does God want for Christmas set. I hid them various places around the house (and remembered to write down where I hid them this year, just in case!) I only had one kid search for his or her piece at a time, and that made the running around much less chaotic.

We had basketball and a technical Singing Christmas Tree rehearsal, and my husband bought himself a Christmas present, so I won't have to think up something he would like. All is well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.