Today we lost another tooth (and this time the T.F. even remembered before there was a cover - up needed).
Today was a rotten day of discipline when four of the five kids decided to fight nastily in the van.
Today was a wrenching day for those devastated by tragedy. I felt torn between disciplining the rotten behavior of my own children and grief for those who would never hold their babies again. Should I stand firm and address disobedience, or should I kneel and pray silently by their bedsides for God to watch over them and make me a better mother? I did both.
Today was a day of surprises when my Pilates class gave me a generous gift to help with our third and final adoption trip tomorrow.
Today was a day of field trips to the ballet, and friends and family day for third grade at the school.
Today was a day of laughter as white elephant gifts got passed around in the not-so-true spirit of giving.
Today was a day of I - can't - breathe anxiety where I wished I had a little vial of happy pills tucked away somewhere. Today was a day of gratitude for my husband who has planned and coordinated all the legwork for my legs to carry out tomorrow. Today was a day of gratitude for Christian girlfriends who could hug me and tell me that they would be praying for us, and I knew they meant it.
Do not fear. I am with you. I will not fail you or forsake you.
Thank you for coming, Lord Jesus. We don't understand our sinful broken world, but we do understand how much we need You.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.