Thursday, December 20, 2012

Keeping Christmas - Dec. 20 Winter Wonderland

Here are a pictures of my not-so-great parent involvement. Will and Natalia played outside in the hotel courtyard while I watched from the glass lobby in the warmth of the orchids. They were content. I was content watching and taking pictures, although a part of me wished I was more like one of those let's-all-play-together-because-you-want-to kind-of moms. Did I mention that it's cold here????

I did teach them the put-your-brother-under-a-tree-and-then-shake-the-snow-down-on-his-head-trick that Andy taught Brennan. And I did take Will for a walk in the park to get his energy out and give our hotel some peace later in the day. Natalia elected to stay home and watch "her favorite show".,

 

 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

Brennan helped pass out the Marwin Christmas Turkeys

More Dining Out for everyone... East and west....north and south
 

Hotel yoga

Hotel embarrassment - We daily inactivate our key cards by placing them in my purse too close to my phone. Each morning I go downstairs to reception and apologize. The don't seem to mind, but if I were them I would be thinking, don't Americans learn anything from repeated mistakes?

I have now been in the hotel lobby long enough to recognize the playlists.

800 years of history
I have always been drawn to Old World things. When we built our house I picked shutters and windowboxes like they have here and a rounded door. As I walk along Riga streets, I smile, because it's like two more pieces of the Old World have found us...except they like electronics every time wifi is available!
 

Scandinavian designs are common here as Latvian neighbors.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I read where it's the coldest winter there in 70 years. Although it's going to be 72 today, it's going to dip down into the frigid 50's by the weekend. :)

    Glad you got there safely! Stay warm!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.