Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Keeping Christmas - Dec. 26

Back to work for A.

Back to teaching Pilates for T.

Full on holiday for kids. Jumping in their bathing suits and winter hats in the chilly rain on the new trampoline.

Warm showers and warm clothes only to return for second, third, and fourth rounds of jumping and shouting. At least all that jumping is helping to round out all the eating we are doing.

Today I took a long hot bath with my new Christmas bubbles, drank a cup of my new Christmas tea, and didn't count the massive amount of calories in leftover Christmas pastry, cookies, or handfuls of cashews that had been gifted to us.

Our kids ran around the yard shooting each other with Nerf guns and swinging at each other with Nerf swords. They played their newest apps and games, watched movies, built stuff, and crafted things out of colorful duck tape. They banged on the piano, a snare drum, a xylophone, and sang karaoke.

They played outside in vicious wind until the snot ran down their faces, and I only intervened when the jumping and shooting got a little overheated. Blessed days of childhood. This makes up for the fact that yesterday, CHRISTMAS DAY of all days, two of the Davis children told me that they were bored....by 10am. They quickly swallowed their words when I gave them the stinkiest stink eye I could manage in my grinchiest mom mood. "Do not ever tell me that you are bored again. Go think up something useful to do." Today, they have found their holiday rhythm and are having a blast...and I am feeling jolly again with pastries, baths, tea, and blogging solitude.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.