Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mom and Me Date

Wednesday night my Mom was unexpectedly given two tickets to see Carrie Underwood in concert. I had another obligation that night and my first inclination was to say that no, I could not go. But this week, one of my close girlfriends lost her father, another is sitting by her mother's side in the hospital day after day, and another received bad news about her mother's progressing cancer. I realized that I was given a chance to spend time with my mom, even if it was doing something a little out of the norm for us, and that I needed to take advantage of that opportunity.
 

Carrie has lots of spirited country girl songs, but right in the middle of her concert she sang two songs of faith, one of them being "Jesus take the wheel". I couldn't help but be a little tickled as people waved their hands in the air...still holding their Bud Lights. One guy drove his imaginary big rig with both arms extended. I felt like I had been to country church and smiled to see ministry in the middle of the entertainment industry. I also tried to calculate how large a check would be donated to the American Red Cross as a result of the one dollar per ticket donation throughout the tour. May God continue to bless those who are faithful to point to Him wherever they are called.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.