Friday, April 12, 2013

Fit-inspiration

Today our kids participated in the Youth Half-Marathon at the Plex.

We kept an activity log of their walks and jogs, and then they ran the final 1.1 mile with other kids focusing on fitness. They were awarded the same medal that the adult half-marathoners will win tomorrow.

This is really an impressive medal for a kids event! They were really proud of them, and I think I might be able to convince them to train again next year. We've already signed up for another event with Aunt Nee Nee.

Andy and I made a Saturday morning date last weekend to try hot yoga. I enjoy activity dates, so we accomplish two things we need for the price of one babysitter: time to connect and time to work out. Even if we are not talking as we practice poses, I feel more connected to my man just by doing things together. Dinner and dancing (and discovering a great new restaurant) works too.

Steak frites and tango, anyone?

Making one good choice at a time...to combat those gnawing the chocolate bunny moments in the closet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.