This morning I spent two hours filling out forms to register our newest children into the school our other children have been attending since 2006. I met with classroom teachers, ESOL and speech teachers, school secretaries, registrars, lunch ladies, and tried to help the school nurse figure out our translated immunization records. Even the principal came out of his office and remarked incredulously, "You're still here?!!"
This afternoon I haggled with district officials over a missing school choice sibling request form and filed appropriately (I hope) wondering where the one I filled out a year ago is now residing in cyber-space.
Tonight I reviewed immigration and Ellis and Angel Islands, and prayed my ESOL homeschoolers can adjust well to their new learning environments. Then I prayed I could keep up with handling everyone's homework and get dinner on the table in the months (years) to come.
After dishes, I got on the computer and pleaded with a middle school lead teacher for consideration in an interview for NEXT year's school placement. We have been in school for ONE day and it is now time to rally for next year's MIDDLE SCHOOL selection.
Being an advocate is exhausting.
Father, I thank you that you have good and perfect plans for these children. They have come so far. Help me have eyes to see the work you've done, and not drown in the work there is still to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.