This has been the week of nedi-pots and vitamin C, chicken soup, nasal sprays, antibiotics, NyQuil-so-you-can-rest-medicine, x-rays, doctors visits and boxes of tissues. The Davis family has colds. Not life-threatening, just annoying and tiring.
Instead of intense cardio at the gym, I have been walking slowly on the treadmill and catching up on various seasons of Downton Abbey (which I borrowed from the library). As a result of my fascination with this PBS series, my google searches this week have taught me about the Spanish flu and the Boer War in South Africa and lots of other bits of British history that I have never learned, being an American. I realized that I had also missed how deadly some seasons of influenza have been. This gives me even more reasons to be grateful for modern medical care.
Happy moments this week have included a coffee with the ladies of our Sunday School class, a luncheon with my dear Pilates class, a birthday dinner for my mother, Natalia's first three-day field trip with school, a friend's 40th birthday celebration, a shower for a friend getting married, and a Pampered Chef drop-in at the neighbors. Tonight, I think I will put on my pajamas, curl up with my beloved box of lotion tissues and go to bed early. That might help the vitamin C regimen!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.