We try to get away periodically not only to rest and renew, but also to dream and plan. It's more than just syncing the calendars between work and school events. If we are not careful, our lives can seem overrun with sports games, laundry piles, and church meetings and we can lose sight of the purpose behind it all. Taking an afternoon to revisit and revise the vision helps.
I need to hear my husband say that I am priority after God. I need to remember what we dream for our family and figure out how I can more consistently be the kind of parent that might facilitate those goals.
Sparkling juice, cheese and crackers helps too for a celebratory touch. :-)
This time of year, most of the people who visit the mountains seem to be senior citizens. These retirees enjoy the restaurants and the leisurely pace of antiquing and meandering through the small mountain village. We enjoy watching them hold hands and re-determine to still have something to talk about when we are in our seventies.
These dreaming and planning trips will help us get there, Lord-willing.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.