Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Strength for Today
The Lord gives strength to His people;
The Lord blesses His people with peace. (Psalm 29:11)
Look to The Lord and His strength;
Seek His face always.
Remember the wonders He has done. (Psalm 105:4-5)
If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides.
(I Peter 4:11)
I am trying to learn how to do this. I can present myself as fairly lovely when I have had enough sleep, and time alone, and gotten enough tasks done to feel good about myself. I think the lesson in this year is that that is not what it is all about. God doesn't seem to be very interested in me feeling put-together and accomplished. He seems to be more interested in helping me focus on Him, and not how well (or how awful) I am doing on any particular day.
Soften the hearts of the parents to the children. (Luke 1:17 MSG)
My children are already fighting outside my closed bedroom door (at 6:49 am). My heart naturally doesn't feel all that soft about the prospect of facing grouchiness and strife. Part of me wants to keep the door locked all day. I haven't finished my coffee or my quiet time. Yet, I sense God's opportunity to be refined if I will let Him have His way with me. "Lord, soften my heart. You and I both see how hard it can be. Show me how to walk in your strength when mine is clearly not going to cut it. Thank you for knowing that I needed a challenge bigger...so much bigger than myself to keep my eyes fastened on you. I love you. Amen"
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. (Psalm 5:3)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.