Friday, November 9, 2012
Kept
The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His face toward you
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26
We had this verse as the benediction in our wedding. I can sing these words in a little Michael Card song that I remember from my college days. But, just this morning as I read them again, I noticed the word "Keep".
I have understood blessing, and sensing the smile of God on your life. I have basked in His acceptance and favor through Christ. But just now am I learning to understand what it means to be "kept" by God, when life is spinning out of control. Even life full of happy, good things, but more than I can handle.
He is the one who holds it all together, and keeps me from losing it.
This November I am thankful for you, God.
We were just informed of our third travel dates to finalize our adoptions. We will miss my brother's birthday and our two youngest children's birthdays, but accept that it is what it is, and soon, we will be finished with this stage of the long hard process. (We missed our middle daughter's birthday and our anniversary last time, so that seems par for the course.)
Keep us close to you, God, as holiday season approaches, and help me not to drown in the details. I want to walk with you in gratitude, peace, and joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.