Be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Psalm 28:9
In the midst of rehearsals for the Singing Christmas Tree, events at the kids schools, homeschool planning, wondering what is for dinner, and trying to keep the messiness of seven people at bay, I rest in a verse like this.
David called out to God, "Unless You reach down and save me, I will go down to the pit." (v.1) This is not exactly a season of joy and ease, but it is good. I am coming to understand David's dependence on God in various circumstances. He was sometimes confident and joyful, doing a jig in the streets in his undergarments. Sometimes on the verge of depression. David's strength was not his own, but in calling out to God, "Carry me!" He was a shepherd. He knew what it was like to carry sheep and lead people, but he also needed to be carried himself from time to time.
(Google images)
God is FOR me, not against us. Romans 8:31
This weekend we were able to enjoy a drive-in movie and a marionette show with our kids and steal away on a date with friends. We had moments when no one was fighting and all sat down to family dinner. Moments when I remember that our season of craziness is good and that God is keeping us going.
Thankful for work, and food, and the company of friends



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.