Saturday, November 3, 2012

Holding it together

“He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” Colossians 1:17

I love this Scripture mentioned by blogger Emily Freeman.

When I can't hold it all together....He can and does.

Today was a respite. We were able to see extended family at a reunion hosted at my brother's house. I got to know cousins that I may never have had a long conversation with, and found out that we had things in common. The weather was beautiful. The food was tasty, and my soul felt at rest.

To ease the boredom of longer car trips, we allow the kids to watch a DVD (in my husband's car). I heard a clip from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets...."Help will always come (to Hogwarts) for those who ask". I haven't really been formally asking for help lately. More like trudging through the days than kneeling humbly and expectantly, and watching for help to come. I recognize when help does come, but I don't always ask for it. It is as though I expect to be able to handle things and hold them all together myself...and then I'm in shock when things fall apart.

Today's gifts...being able to hug my mama's neck and eat her banana pudding
Having my girls help out in the kitchen...with no complaints
Having my husband decide to break away from inventory and software weekend work to join us as a family
Feeling gratitude for my brother and sister-in-law's hospitality
Puppy love...wondering why chihuahuas tremble


The Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. Blessed are all who wait for him. (Isaiah 30: 18)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.