Thursday, October 18, 2012

Waiting for vomit

 
 
Our pastor recently showed us how one side of this statue is much shinier than the other from all the little hands touching it as they go by on the way to worship.

 

 

Jon 2:1 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God.

Jon 2:2 He said: "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry.

Jon 2:3 You hurled me into the deep, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me.

Jon 2:4 ....... I will look again towards your holy temple

Jon 2:5 The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head.

 

 

Jon 2:7 "When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.

 

Jon 2:9 But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD."

Jon 2:10 And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

I am waiting for vomit. I know that this stage of seaweed wrapped around my head drowning in overwhelm is not the end of the story....so I wait in humility. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the Lord.

Perhaps, one day, my crown of seaweed will be transformed into a laurel wreath to lay at His feet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.