Tuesday, May 22, 2012

At home day

We had some repairmen come today, so I had the day IN before taking Laurel for her well visit/shot appointment. I spent the day making lists as I have this sense of "I'm forgetting something" with all the craziness of end-of-the-school-year activity. Last night L and I were hard at work on a math challenge that she spent four hours on. When we looked up, we realized that we had worked right through volleyball practice. Oops! Sorry coach. We don't mean to be irresponsible, but things are flying around here. I was a little disappointed that we were not going to be leaving June 2nd as we had requested. Now I see the wisdom of God in giving us a later departure date. My head might have flown off without those extra two weeks of preparation!



My times are in Your hands      Psalm 31: 15

Bring cake plates and cupcake stands for  5th grade graduation
Learn the Wobble and remember the Thriller dance to lead this Friday's 5th Grade Decade dance
Send in drinks for the 5th grade picnic
Kindergarten young writers night
Second grade diorama and class party
Vacation Bible School room decoration day
Finish Bible study I'm behind on by Thursday
Register Sunday School girls for summer Bible Study on James
Make a plaque with Natalia's new name (spelling) on it to match Mary Jayne's name
Decide on whether to finally consign kids' clothes, or just pack everything back up in the attic
Family Business picnic/redeem expired groupon for a date with my husband
Express my condolences to family as I am missing my aunt's funeral
Figure out something for Father's Day, Laurel's early birthday sleepover, Michelle and Stephanie's birthdays..order cake..mail Aunt Debbie's birthday gift
Have B's friend over for a play date in return before we go
Remember the different Memorial Day teaching schedule at the gym
Track down two more subs
Make notes binder with flight information and contact numbers for my wonderful Mom and the others who will take care of B and MJ while we are away...figure out who can stay with B and MJ in the mornings
Figure out what's for dinner
Recharge international phone calling card
Power of attorney
Teacher appreciation
Coach appreciation
...and don't forget volleyball again!

We ARE thankful for immunizations and travel health nurses!


We thank Grandmama and Granddaddy for helping us send Laurel to Latvia to experience this as well.
When I was eleven, I traveled to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt with my grandmother and aunt, and the experience at a young age forever shaped who I am and how I view the world. We appreciate their help in giving her this experience.

Mini me on a camel in 1982 with my Aunt Debbie



The  Chinese have a saying that goes something like  this:

 
'When someone shares with you something of  value,

you have an obligation to share it with  others!'

Thank you, everyone for sharing in this journey with us. We appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.