This has been a week of excitement. Vacation Bible School. Mom's retirement party. Hosting a12-year-old birthday sleepover luau for our first-born. Time at the lake with the grandparents.
I am thankful for each opportunity to make a memory and spend time together, but I am also thankful for evenings with nowhere to go and nothing to do. All the celebrating can be tiring. I love reading a book with my kids or holding my husband in my arms as we collapse after a full day of life.
We celebrated our life in Christ with a CSI theme. Kids jumped, danced, sang, snacked, investigated science projects, and made crafts all in the name of Jesus. It felt good to teach again, even if only for a short time. It felt even better to be a part of a great team that handled all the responsibilities together.
I was thrilled to learn from three Facebook friends that Taryn was one of the names of the day at Sweet, a yummy cupcake company. I love being chosen, so, even if it was of absolutely no merit of my own, I loved being the lucky winner of the day. Mmmm! Salted caramel goodness, followed by 5 miles on the treadmill.
We were happy to see my mom happy. She was honored by her company at her retirement dinner. People came into town to give hugs and well-wishes, and we were very proud of the impact she has made there.
My man and I have been enjoying watching episodes of Fringe on the iPad all snuggled up at night. We can't commit time to following any series real time, but we like to pick something and watch the episodes consecutively, without any commercial breaks, and without any delays, so that's it's not difficult to follow the storyline.
Number of children in our house for the sleepover: 12
Number of junk food items consumed at the sleepover: too many to count
Number of rolls of duct tape that the party girl received as gifts: 36
Number of glass items shattered: 3
Number of glasses of spilled milk: only 1
Number of party guests who threw up in the pool after eating pizza: only 1
Number of Davis girls in our house reading The Tail of Emily Windsnap : 4
Thanks Barnes and Noble for the summer reading program. We've enjoyed the free books!
Number of fish caught at the lake with Granddaddy: 7
Number of fish kept: 0
Number of piano lessons: 2
Number of glowsticks decorating our play set: 45
Number of sparklers lit to celebrate the 4th of July: 30







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.