Monday, June 25, 2012

What to do?

5 little monkeys.....
 

Wake up, discover that the kids have eaten nearly every scrap of food in the kitchen.

Declare the kitchen off limits while parents are snoozing.

UNO

Spoons

Tangrams

Grocery shopping

Food prep/ clean the kitchen/ wash the clothes

See if the jeans are dry after three days.

Figure out what the strange smell in the kitchen is. Mildewing clothes?

Read Stellaluna to the kids and watch the YouTube video (the book is better)

Watch Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry on YouTube

Dollar Store mosaics

Fold more paper airplanes

Walk in the rain to eat lunch at T.G.I. Friday's. Sticker shock... $3 for extra honey mustard to dip your chicken in...that beats the McDonalds ketchup packet surprise...eat outside but seat kids away from tshirts displayed in store window across street


Argue over who gets the bent balloon stick

Take an electronics break

Teach the kids cats cradle string games

Action Bible Story/ quiet time/ Bible study

Take a walk...go down a few different streets

Note where the pancake restaurant is for another day's outing

Play in the park/ feed the ducks

Blog or journal, send and read emails...try to think of something else to blog about

Skype with the kids, talk to the sitter

Take some pictures

 

Make something out of pipe cleaners

Color, cut shapes out of paper

English flash cards, math on the computer, Barbie phonics

Search Pinterest for interesting educational games that you can actually play on the iPad...wish I could bake those delicious looking banana bread squares

Suduko, crosswords, word searches

Make some hot tea. Argue over who gets which teacup.

Hide and go seek (really...in a small apartment)...Where's Will?

Wrestle and pretend to be a superhero

Gymnastics/ pee wee Pilates

Help someone who is whining, pouting, or just plain frustrated...talk about entitlement issues

Girls play "restaurant" and cook instant soup for our dinner. We leave a tip.

Look on the web for something to do on the expat women's site...wish I had packed my yoga mat for yoga in the park day


Figure out if we really want to go to Jurmala

Wonder what to offer the visitors tomorrow for a snack. Wonder if the kids ate the cookies I hid for that purpose.

Rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to walk 20 minutes to go to the gym across town (A) and who stays home to do Zumba....not as motivating around the coffee table and chairs....note that exercise bands are still folded up in my drawer a week later

A takes W back to the park to burn off some small boy energy

Baths...an empty yogurt cup is still pretty entertaining to a six year old boy


Bedtime kisses and prayers


Argue over who sleeps where tonight

Remember that you have a digital copy of a library book that is about to expire and stay up late two days finishing it.

Sleep in to recover

Tell yourself you don't need a snack when it's 1am and you still can't sleep

What to do when you've already done all that? Wonder what your friends are doing and get up to check email one more time.

 

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Now we know why God gave you that teacher's heart. I would have just given them all Benedryll every 4 hours and hoped that they'd sleep all day. I am racking my brain to think of more activities for ya'll but I think you've done them all. A dance party? Teaching the kids yoga? The quiet game? ;-)

    I wasn't at SS on Sunday and the prayer requests have not made their way to me yet, but fear not! I will get them and email them out tomorrow. I know Andy is wondering if I've fallen down on the job.

    Can't wait to have you back home and sneak you out of your house for a GNO.
    Love you, girlie. Tell Andy I think he's "pretty okay" too. (Name that movie...)

    Love
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Davis Clan!!!!! Taryn, I am loving reading your blog. I get so excited when I see that you have posted a new one. I think about you and your family often and have loved the blessing of praying for all of you.
    Not only do I love reading your blog, but the comment section is also a favorite of mine. Laura and Betsy are such characters!!!
    Activities to add to your list: Paint Nails (sorry Andy and Will)
    Make ice cream in a bag (my second graders used to love doing this)
    Make play dough
    Have a thumb war tournament
    tic tac toe tournament

    I will keep thinking!
    Love to you all!
    Megan Soong

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.