Monday, June 25, 2012

Faith like a Child

There have been many questions on this adoption journey that I have not known the answer to.

Mom (former flight attendant) : What kind of plane are you flying in?

Me: Ummm, I don't know. I could probably google it, or search my email.

(answer- from Columbia: a 2x2 CRJ200 ev..in Laurel's words, not too impressive, then a big one with 5 seats in the middle, then a 3x3)

Interested friends: How long is the flight?

Me: Ummm, I don't know. We'll get there at 5pm tomorrow. (12 hours flight time)

Concerned family member: How will N and V feel about you changing their names since they are already older children?

Me: Ummm, I don't know. I assume they won't mind a bit since I changed my name to be a part of is family and haven't thought twice about it.

Curious gym member: Why do you have to stay three weeks?

Me: No idea. I think it has to do with the court date schedules.

C.G.M. : What will you be doing in between the first and second court dates?

Me: Hopefully seeing the sights. Our Latvian librarian friend insists that we must go to Jurmala (yourrrrr-muh-lah) and see the Baltic Sea.

Incredulous bystander: Why are there three trips?

Me: Can't remember. I think I read about it in the enormous packet our adoption agency sent us, but I can't remember anti about it. We'll find out when we get there.

I spoke with a friend last Sunday who likes to know all the details. It must seem a little bit crazy. But, we are taking steps of faith, one day at a time. We understand completely that we are at the mercy of those who know more than we do, and are indebted to their guidance and counsel.

For those who think, by personality, that they could never deal with all the unknowns of a faith journey, I assure you that God is faithful.

Or, is God calling you to take a step of faith of another kind? Take the first step.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. oh girl, you're speaking my language. I think your brain can only handle so much change and stress, and then God mercifully shuts your brain down and you let go of all the little details that don't matter anyway. Is Andy embracing the helplessness as well, or is he gnawing his nails down to nubs? ;-)

    And you're a better woman than I am- I definitely thought twice when I had to change my name to Yang! ;-)

    Love ya'll. And for the love of all that is holy- go to the seaside already!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right! God has it all figured out. No need to sweat the small stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this post! It is a journey of faith, and HE is always faithful! All the questions are not answered. We must trust that HE has the answers, and HE will reveal the answers in HIS time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.