Friday, July 11, 2014

Birthday Week

I love this Moe's take-out bag. Each new day, a new chance to grow, and learn, and shine. Each new year, another chance to give and to serve.

As the calendar dictates that Thursday will be a day of driving the kids to and from 3 piano lessons, a guitar and violin lesson, a reading lesson, and a visit with a physical trainer, I have decided to observe and cherish the many moments of "birthday week", and not expect too much out of any one day. I want to savor the fun moments and not get bogged down in the six hours of carpool. They exist side by side, and I want to focus on the sweetness.

I delight in cut-up peaches with cream and sugar for breakfast.

I cherish: time with my husband. We tried paddle boarding together Sunday afternoon. He was not a fan, but I loved it, and I appreciate his willingness to do something with me simply because I found it fun. We drove to dinner by water, simply because I never had before and always love the idea of trying something new.

I enjoyed a complimentary light Starbucks birthday coffee and time with my older-wiser mentor friend after a church meeting.

I'm thankful for lunch and a salon date with my teenage daughter.

I'm touched by the sweetness of my mom, who still wants to make me a cake and bring it to me, even though I am grown.

The sweetness of my husband and mother-in-law to bring me flowers. Handmade cards from our kids.

A happy birthday serenade on the violin.

A pot of jasmine tea
Being able to take the family to a restaurant that I like (instead of a kids pizza joint)
Spa night with my girls in our jammies
 

The hope of being able to gather my women together tomorrow in support of friends who are adopting.

I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in. (Psalm 16:9)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.