Laurel and I are curly girls. This is what we look like when we get out of the shower. Bing. And, like the laws of the universe, if you have curly hair, you sometimes feel like having straight hair (and vice versa). To celebrate "birthday week", the week sandwiched between her birthday and mine, we went on a mother-daughter date. Last year, I treated her to a manicure. This year, we hit the salon.
Ooh...aahhh. Since I was a little girl, I always loved having my hair brushed. Laurel is just the same.
I had coffee with an older and wiser mom-friend yesterday evening, and she reaffirmed the importance of making time for one-on-one time with my young daughters as they enter their teen years. I pray that these days spent together will bring smiles for years to come.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.