Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel anxious. I start the mechanics of the day, throwing in a load of laundry and cleaning up the kitchen while the decaf brews. It takes me some time to settle into stillness.
The white canvas of a day before me could hold so many possibilities. Things I want to be about. Loving my family and friends. Making a small difference in the world, or at least someone's world. I feel anxious as I wonder how I should construct my day and the five lives that I am responsible for at this life stage. I feel like the activities director on the SS Mom. What's the weather going to be like? What chores need to be done? What kids are coming over to play with my own? What will I find someone for her birthday? What will I serve at the party, or what breakfast will I make when it is my turn to cook for the Sunday School?
I sit down to read my Bible, and stillness comes in routine, calming me. Ideas come and are written down. Some are actually implemented. By the time I have finished my coffee and gotten a few notes on the 15th chapter of Acts to nurture my soul, I am prepped for the day and don't feel quite as hurried.
At the end of the day I thank God for the sweet moments we have shared. I receive His forgiveness for the moments I botched. I receive grace to plan another day.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.