Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wistful for Wisteria

I have this dream of having an English cottage style garden. My addiction to Pinterest isn't helping. Pin...Pin..Pine!

I have tried to buy a purple Wisteria plant from the gardening super center, but had no luck with it surviving the soil. One year I tried to pluck from the roadside weeds what looked like a small vine, that ended up being attached to a very, very big vine that I couldn't remove with a stick of dynamite. Another year I tried chopping off a small woody piece to attempt to root a new plant with my freshly purchase rooting hormone...also ending in failure.

And so, as I drive around our neighborhood drinking in the beauty and sneezing out the pollen, I have Wisteria Envy.

I know it would probably take over the spot where I planted it (if I could ever get one to live in the first place).

What does that say about my gardening, if a thing thrives in the wild, but dies under my care? Hmmm.

One Day

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the picture my mom took of the wisteria she found on their property back by the lagoon? I don't think I've ever seen white wisteria before. It is quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.