"No," I stammered. "It's just a baby doll style dress" I explained, gesturing to my high-waisted outfit.
"But, I thought I saw your name on the Blessed Beginnings prayer calendar."
The light finally dawned for me.
"Oh! Yes! We're adopting!"
For someone to stop me in the hallway at church, I was completely caught off guard, thinking that it really was TIME or me to lay off the girl scout cookies and have a fashion overhaul.
I am expecting. We are expectant. But because I am not pregnant this time around I forget some days. We just received our immigration notification in the mail telling us when we can report for fingerprinting. Before this letter had arrived in the mail, there had been a long stretch when we hadn't heard anything. Hadn't done anything. Just waiting, going about life with three other children. I had almost forgotten that our lives will soon be forever changed.
Sometimes I feel a little bit guilty about this. Wasn't I the girl curled up in a knot on their beds missing them just a few months before? And yet, the practical side of me sees how this waiting season of normality is also a gift from the Lord. I can't spend every day weeping in broken mode. How would dinner get on the table, or the carpool be driven to baseball practice?
Thank you God for everyday moments. Not highs. Not lows. Just everyday moments. They, too, are a blessing.
The fruit of the Spirit is...patience. Galatians 5:22
| Dress in Question |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.