There are moments when being a Mom is glorious....and then there are moments when being a Mom is anything but glamourous.
I took one of my children to the pediatrician yesterday to determine why this particular child had to go had to go had to go right now! The other two kids who were dragged to the doctor visit found the urine sample deliciously gross. When tests ruled out a strep infection, I was sent home with instructions to monitor all poop for the next few weeks to see if the problem derived from constipation.
Hmmm. There aren't too many Hallmark commercials featuring this part of parenting.
I thought I was doing a pretty good job just by remembering to make an appointment, because the child only complained if we didn't pause a movie long enough for a potty break. I had asked if it hurt...if it was a lot of tinkle or just a little...and noted that there hadn't been any accidents. You know how it is. Feeling like a good Mom. Then you go to the appointment.
I am always a little bit dumbfounded when the child answers questions for the doctor. I had no idea this kid wasn't regular. I haven't monitored that process for quite some time, so it was a surprise for me to learn that this is a few times a week kid. Perhaps that explains the bouts we've had with the "sup-ah plung-ah" and the extraordinary amount of squealing there has been in the back seat of the minivan from "toots". Toots have been such a part of our inglorious family history that I didn't put two and two together, not even after feeling so accomplished when we taught the kid the important lifeskill of how to unstop a toilet!
The best laugh we had was envisioning our sweet sister/sister-in-law's face when we pretended to tell her that she would have to monitor the poop for the poop log while we were away Friday night. But it didn't take us long to figure out that that might not be the smartest move to gross out the family babysitter. Thankfully, the kid is old enough to write down all the pertinent information on the night the chief poop inspector is away.
Father, my honor is from You!
Psalm 62:7
 |
| I get a little crazy matching up coupons and Chamin with aloe on sale |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.