Saturday, March 31, 2012

Delightful

Ping! I just got a text from a good friend of mine who needed to vent.

My fun-mom friend is huddled in the rain with three of her boys waiting for the Charleston Bridge Run to start. She is the mom who plans Spring Break with lots of activities. This year I am the slack (or budget conscious) mom who thinks "we just went skiing over winter break and will need lots of plane tickets to  Europe for the adoption....we're sticking close to home with the Groupons this year."

I feel a little sad for my amazing friend, huddled in the rain with her not-so-content boys. It's raining here too, but I am sitting in my warm, dry house in my fuzzy bathrobe (still at 9:30), reading, drinking my delicious decaf coffee, and blogging. My oldest daughter is reading Catching Fire in my bed waiting until I take her to the Hunger Games matinee this afternoon. My youngest daughter is still snoozing after last night's whirlwind of activity and company, my husband took off to the gym, and my son is...(wait for it.....) playing with legos in front of the Saturday morning Clone Wars cartoon.

What a glorious season where everyone can entertain themselves for a few minutes. In the days of small buckle-you-into-your-car seat children, I never thought this day would come.

Wait a minute, the littlest snuggle bunny is now by my side. "Mommmmmmmmmmmy. There's 'some-ping' that I'm hungry for!"

It was fun while it lasted. The kitchen is humming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.