Thursday, May 5, 2011

watermelon girl and strawberry boy


We are trying to work on our 5+ a day. The kids are doing better with fruits than veggies.

Tomorrow Brennan goes to the strawberry patch. We have been several times as a family and the first grade goes as an end-of-the-year field trip. Part of me feels like I should feel badly that I will not be going on the trip. But I don't. I am tired. I have a been-there-done-that attitude that comes with fatigue. Poor third (and maybe fourth and fifth) kids. I did buy a big box of freshly picked strawberries from a roadside stand from the same farm and felt closer to the earth since I didn't buy them from the grocery store. There is something special about shopping from a roadside stand.

                                              Memories of Picking Strawberries at Cottle Farms
                                                           Mmmmm....freshly-picked
The girls make strawberry shortcakes as a surprise for Daddy.
Thanks Andy for chopping up all those strawberries so we could enjoy them. I am an inspired shopper and a pooped out cook. Sandwiches, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.