https://m.facebook.com/groups/1616426485254335?view=permalink&id=1651739155056401&src=email_notif
Always watching. Now it's my turn.
Sometimes I wonder what my children are learning. One cried heart-broken because she wanted to go to the school carnival and sing karaoke with her friends, and I just didn't have it in me to go anywhere else or do anything else. I needed an evening at home to do laundry and be in my pajamas. Perhaps she learned that moms have limits, and as much as they would like to give their babies everything they want, sometimes they just run out of steam.
A weekend of a baseball championship game, a baseball season awards celebration, a baseball hitting practice session, a haircut, 3 piano lessons, 3 different concerts/recitals, teaching kids Sunday school at church, trying to arrange logistics for a few days we are spending away next week, A's work golf outing, the girls' middle school tie dye party, school orientations and corresponding forms and checks, shopping for the snacks kids need for end-of-school year celebrations, and swimwear that fits, and flip flops so our kids won't get foot fungus at mission camp, and binders that are blue, eggs for the physics Olympics and groceries for lunch, gas. I am sorry my sweet one. The school carnival didn't make the cut. I didn't even get to see Mom. I feel guilty. I feel sad. But the rational part of my brain recognizes that I can't handle anything else just now.
![]() |
| These four friends are enjoying last moments together as they prepare to go to different high schools |
Brennan's team wore pink belts in honor of those we know with cancer and other illnesses.
Two of my favorite Mother's Day gifts:
A jar full of reasons my kids love me from two of our daughters, and a second book of days. I am impressed with one of my daughters who noticed that I was trying to find a second copy. When they were out at Target, she filed the idea away and alerted her Dad to make a stop at Books-a-Million. It fills my heart to know that our children are growing up to think of others and to learn how to be good gift-givers. They are little care-givers in training.
I realize that by the time this book is also filled, two of our children will be in college. These days are busy. Sometimes too busy, but I understand that this is a season that won't be repeated. I pray that we will fill these pages well, not just with events, but with meaning. I pray that my children will have more happy memories than tears over the things that we did not get to do.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.