Thursday, May 21, 2015

Never a dull moment

In the space of a week, we have enjoyed the company of family; piano, violin, and guitar lessons and recitals; baseball tournaments and awards ceremonies, camp day, pizza and dessert.
 
Natalia overcame her butterflies in her first piano recital
Mary Jayne sang her first duet with Miss Kate
Laurel impressed us all when she powered through her difficult pieces, not missing a beat when a toddler came crashing down and began wailing bloody murder in the middle of her Clementi sonatina.
There is always a moment when sublime music flows over me and I am overcome by the beauty of these kids, and the pride I feel that they are learning and growing. I don't possess these skills, and I am happy that they are growing beyond what I can teach them.
 
 
Slugging it out in the batting cages and on the ballfield, aiming for practiced accuracy. 10,000 hours until mastery?
 
 
 

Miss Joann takes care of us at Very's pizza. We enjoy celebrating the moments of our lives over a pizza pie or two at the end of the week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.