Tuesday, May 12, 2015

In the Merry Month of May

I got to celebrate Mother's Day by going on a Family Retreat with my children. We really enjoyed the Young Life camp at Carolina Point near Greenville. Here are some highlights:

Family Olympics
Pretending that we can fly as we ziplined through the canopy
Nothing says "I love you" like a pie in the face, Dad
Paddle boarding and blob-launching into this lake
Singing "Firework" together camp-style, and watching a fireworks show later that night

Square dance and the Virginia Wheel. The kids say that they are scarred from watching me do the Wobble, but I think they'll look back on the barnyard dancing through the decades with fondness. I will, anyway.

Our tradition of striking a yoga pose at a scenic overlook
Just the right spot for a sweaty post-hike waltz

I love mountain meadows. No one in my family seems to like these as much as I do, but I am thankful for this middle season in life, where we can leave our kids for an hour to play in the pool under the supervision of a lifeguard, and hit the trails for a much-needed hour of couple-time.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.