I have roaches in the freezer. They didn't get there on their own. School is back in session, and the wacky science teacher has assigned an insect collection first thing. The collection will stay in a plastic yogurt container until sent off to class at a later date. It has begun. I have tried to pray not to let stress levels escalate. A girlfriend from the "boo-hoo yahoo" sent this link and we all laughed. I have been to both Target and Starbucks in these first few moments of the new schedule. See if you can relate.
http://www.scarymommy.com/back-school-video
The other moments have been a whirlwind of crack-of-dawn carpools, meet-the-teacher nights, filling out forms, searching for violin books, youth group, replacing glasses ruined by spray-on sunscreen (beware!), and planning for this year's Singing Christmas Tree (yes, in August!). Two days in and I'm exhausted. Not to mention that my man was away on business and baseball practice begins this Saturday. Can't think about that quite yet.
When we are not eating chocolate chip cookies, we are experimenting with green smoothies, and eating miniscule amounts of kale and spinach along with our fruit and yogurt standards. It's a small step, but I'm excited to be taking small steps in a healthy direction.
We call this recipe for 2 "The Aunt Christina" because we learned it from her. We make a blenderfull and split it amongst us for snack in the afternoon, or share it with someone for breakfast.
Handful of kale
Handful of spinach
Half an avocado
Tall glass of crushed ice
Cup of vanilla yogurt or coconut water (guess which one we picked?)
Tsp. honey
Cup of blueberries
Green apple
Banana
Very fruity, and surprisingly very yummy. My kids even asked if I would make them green smoothies for breakfast! Astonishing.
Our artsy moment was to redeem a Groupon at Redbird pottery studio. The kids really enjoyed squishing the clay and attempting to craft a cereal bowl on the wheel. Many thanks to Bree for her patience and repeated instruction.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.