This year our valentines to each other included:
Help and supplies to create an edible 3-D model of a cell before AWANAS/youth group
Sharing of sentiments and custom built "Lego dudes" in the journals we keep in lieu of cards to each other.
Off to a good start in the recycled heart-shaped crayon Pinterest craft
Whoops. I don't think I should have cooled these recycled crayons in the fridge. I think they separated, but the first grade class will probably like them anyway. I will include a note that they are NOT candy. A mouthful of wax would be unpleasant.
Trying to love (the teachers) within the healthy treat policy that our elementary school strictly enforces.
Pink milk like Charlie and Lola
Cooking breakfast...which I NEVER do before school. A plate of bacon hearts speaks love to my man...and still making it in time to Munchies with Mom at school.
Decor humor
Appreciating the fact that I can ask my man for a flowering plant that lasts a month instead of the traditional roses that everyone else wants, and that he will drive around town searching for one on the 14th!
I like roses, just not red ones on Valentine's day.
Trying to honor Jesus in my attitude when one kid is happy with his gift...until he sees his brother's gift.
Only blowing it once when one of the girls snarks at another girl. Resolve not to model any snarky attitudes of my own tomorrow.
Enjoying my Mom's company for dinner and appreciating the many (adult) hands makes light work in the rapid kitchen clean-up.
Thankful to be able to love.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.