Saturday, February 16, 2013
Love is a pair of pliers
Love is a pair of pliers aptly applied to a stubborn earring in loving Daddy hands.
I fall in love with my husband over and over again as we make these midnight operations together while our children sleep. It was time for MJ to take out her first pair of pierced earrings, but one earring was very stubbornly secure in her ear. Once she fell asleep my husband took out the pliers and fixed the problem. He told her that the earring fairy had come the next morning.
I have held the flashlight while splinters have come out of grubby summer feet.
I have looked away as stubborn baby teeth were ganked from my children's mouths at the hand of a grubby pair of pliers. Even though Daddy methodology is not always the same as Mommy sensibilities, I am appreciative of the need for both. They get the job done with minimal fear and wailing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.