Then my beauties started to wake up. And within a few moments, there were (loud) games of hide-and-seek, cowboys and super heroes to the rescue. After seeing that everyone had breakfast, I shut my bedroom door and headed for the nearest closet. I turned to James and read:
Be patient and stand firm... Consider those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
(James 5:8,11)
The Message translation reads "God cares, right down to the last detail."
I thought about how James cautions us to consider how fleeting our life really is in the grand scheme of things. Beth Moore encourages that God is not asking me to do the hard thing forever. I can be faithful today.
I received news that one of my sweet Pilates class members is now under the care of hospice. She will be the first of my class members to pass on to heaven. I am saddened to see cancer take its toll, but joyful that she will not be in pain forever. Perspective.
There will come a day at the lake, when we will be the early birds and teen boys will sleep the morning away. When we will be the first ones to bed and they will be out late. Help me to smile, God, in the midst of all the activity and noise. There is sweetness here if I can pause and have eyes to see it.
Little things. It seems to be important to my littlest to put the peanut butter on one side of the bread and the jelly on the other. I am trying to remember these things (times 5 kids). When the net result is the same sandwich, I am trying to allow as many things as possible that really don't make a difference.
Hug-o-war.....when words and tones start flying sometimes we employ the hug-o-war tactic where sparring parties are made to give one another a hug while I videotape and threaten to put their interaction on the Internet. Laughter often follows. (Word of caution...do not use if both parties seem more in the Slug-o-war mindset!)
This was one of my favorite poems as a child, and then as a teacher:
Hug O'War
I will not play at tug o' war.I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein



I don't get it... is there another way to do pb&j? of COURSE the pb goes on one slice and the jelly on the other...!!
ReplyDeleteLove love
B