Today we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at the dollar movie. It took me a minute at the ticket window to think about how many tickets I needed. Let's see....five kids, plus one mama is six tickets. I think I may have lost a few brain cells in this process. Having two more kids is a little bit surreal....like you may have felt the first few days of being married, or having a biological child. Even if you spent months planning a wedding, watching your belly expand, or filling out paperwork. There is an adjustment period, even if your heart's desire has been granted.
We sat with our friends who adopted from China last year, so it was especially sweet to see the movie alongside them with little V curled up in her princess dress in their midst.
I had seen this movie last year with our kids and was touched by the adoption theme and scene where the ram tells Po that his beginnings may not have been that good, but that there was hope for the future.
Soothsayer: Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be. So who are you, Panda?
I love that there is hope and a future with Jesus. I love that we are given the ability to smile at days to come, even if we are in the midst of hard days, or have come from hard times. I love that we have the ability to choose and that His Spirit works within us to give us a heart to choose what is right.
Today has been a day full of blessings. People remembered my birthday. Our friend brought us so much dinner last night that I could have a yummy lunch today (instead of rooting around in the fridge looking for produce that the kids haven't already eaten). Tonight I will go on a date with the man I love...ALONE! All is well with my soul.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.