| Tiny tea parties |
| Dad and Grandmama actively watching B's game, big sister reading a book |
Do these glasses make me look as smart as I really am?
Gardening lessons
I have a mother-in-law who loves me.
Don't hate me because I'm blessed. I seem to be one of the very small number of women who are this fortunate.
We came up to the lake to visit her today, and she had three gifts for me: a mug about being a daughter-in-law, a raspberry scone that she brought home from the hospital bakery, and a cultivated wisteria that is supposed to be non-invasive. (I think she must be one of the four people who read this blog too :-) She showed the kids what mint, oregano, and rosemary smell like from her garden. She took time to explain to me what to do with the daffodils I planted now that they have finished blooming. She showed me how she gets her egg salad chopped extra-fine. She played Clue with us at the kitchen table. She oversaw the kids painting projects, and made them sandwiches while I had the luxury of sitting on the porch and finishing a book, clearing out emails, and reading some of the thousand things I have pinned on pinterest and not yet perused. She even moves vases of cut flowers around to where I can enjoy them too. What a gift.
I hope that I remember her example when it is my turn to be a mother-in-law and a grandmother. I hope I remember what kind of scone the girls my sons marry one day prefer. I hope I desire to be available and interactive with the large number of grandchildren we could potentially have now that we are going to be a family of seven! Thank you, Jane, for loving all of us. May I follow in your footsteps well.
| oregano, rosemary, and mint |


That is great!!!!! I don't have that type of mother-in-law for myself or grandmother for my children. That makes me surely want to strive to be the best MIL and grandmother I can be when it's time. You are truly blessed to have Jane.
ReplyDelete