Saturday, May 7, 2016

May has begun

Will ran his first Run Hard 5k in 23:35 minutes. He's the speediest Davis. We love that he's found his stride.
As the events begin to roll in, my Biblestudy girls and I have prayed for a spirit of perseverance and joy in the May parenthood race, and not to fall into the sheer grit and determination of just not fainting. As I spend five hours a day in the car, may I feel gratitude on days when the air is working.

Laurel received a superior rating in her solo violin competition. I love this look of joy after moments of trepidation.

Birthday party sleepovers nestled between piano lessons and AP exam review sessions

My bibliophile wrestles with the self-control of not reading her brand new book when she needs to be studying. She generously gives me a library card to her private (not for sharing) library.

 

 

Lovely flowers from my family, and a chance to love our moms as well.

"A little mouse" nibbles all the caramel icing off my cake in the middle of the night


Natalia whipped up some petit vanilla scones à la Starbucks and a lemon poppyseed bread for tea time.

Guy tee time

 

 

Andy and Will headed to the golf tournament and Carowinds father-son-bonding day.

Andy and Brennan ventured out for Five Guys and Captain America.

One week down...I mean enjoyed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.