Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fourth Week in May

I continue in the fourth "week of May" title series as my creative writing juices are drowned out by someone asking me for ideas on her homework. Are we done yet?

Lovely Laurel plays her violin at St Martin's-in-the-Fields. Great acoustics.
Hydrangea envy. Can't get ours to do anything. Must check into this one day when we are not going to daily activities. I realize that I focus on my lack of healthy hydrangeas when I am overwhelmed with bigger things...little details
Della loves to play... and chew up balls....Her storm-drain phobia persists
Loving the unusual spring temperatures. These geraniums will be toast later in the season,
but I love them so now!
My latest audiobook on the carpool trail: Have a New Teenager by Friday- From mouthy and moody to respectful and responsible in five days

Soul Sisters jump on the Bitmoji band wagon as we send up prayer alerts and share parenting griefs, joy, and wisdom; walks and talks are another form of therapy/sisterhood bonding

Celebrating with my sweet friend, Gennie, and all the work that God has done in Ivan's life.


Chorus and recorder end-of-year-celebration

Natalia goes on training runs

Final football games with a strong showing. Bummed that they are out of the play-offs, but the game night / recital night conflict has been eliminated too.

 

Saying goodbye to a loved orchestra teacher. Kind words of affirmation from several of the kids' teachers. The decision of whether or not to audition for keyboards.

 
Which one is the crazy mad man?

Registering for online summer P.E./ health, camp paperwork and sports forms


End-of-school-year Color Run fundraiser...an opportunity to learn lessons in laundering

Lit magazine is published and distributed

Will learned how to help cook chicken Parmesan for dinner. I want them to be able to manage something beyond pizza and cereal when they leave the nest.

Family trying the visual plate method of half our your plate being fruits and veggies, and the other half protein and carbs. One meal at a time. Baby steps. Baby steps. Baby steps interspersed with pizza night. Can we make cookies?

We draw up a list of family responsibility expectations. Trying to get the things we repeatedly say in writing to see if clear expectations will make any difference in the house-keeping that doesn't get kept. Family forum at the round table.

This one wants to play a round of Pretty, Pretty, Princess just when I thought games of chance were through. I didn't mind, though, when her comments earlier in the evening were about wanting to concert surf

Side-by-side in a techie world
Mom got an "all clear" report from MDA!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.