I am not a silly mom. I am not funny. If I crack a joke, it's probably a literary one. Perhaps it's my no-nonsense schoolteacher training? But, I married a funny guy who loves to tease, and our kids seem to have picked up humor via his genes.
Today, on April Fools, I go about my day normally, doing laundry, preparing to teach my pilates class, figuring out what to cook for dinner.
I read a blog about funny moms who do things like freeze water in the bottom of cereal bowls, then cover the bowl with some cereal and milk and serve it to their kids to see their reactions. That seems interesting, but still like work to me. I move on.
Then I hear my kids begin to tell stories on one another. This one is my favorite. My oldest daughter is a model student and leader in the youth group. Yet, she is sly. A tricky one that you would never suspect and have to watch. Here's a prank she pulled on her slightly younger brother.
She told him that this Korean sea weed was a "Mexican fruit roll up and that he would love it". My son, who has not yet developed a taste for seaweed and was expecting processed fruity sweetness, was not amused. But even I had to smile a little bit at that creativity. I wonder what it would be like to hear Jesus guffaw?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.