Friday, April 4, 2014

Young Love

Spring is a-bloomin'

Today I volunteered at my children's school's field day. I did not run any races. I cheered and set up a few cones...and I am exhausted. The yellow-green pollen has entered my head and no amount of Zyrtec can seem to touch it. I need a bath and a nap...from standing on the sidelines. Allergy days like these in spring make me feel old.

 

There are other things in life that make me feel young. Watching this precious couple attend our contemporary worship service makes me smile. He wheels her in each Sunday. No one complains that the music is too loud or not the right style. They stay seated while others stand, and week after week he holds her hand and she bobs her head to the praise songs. I glance over at my husband who is seated a few children of ours over on the pew. We love each other too, but don't often hold hands. Our hands are usually full, carting in a bag of groceries or helping with algebra homework. We look forward to a week of just the two of us to have "young love" again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.