Friday, April 18, 2014

It's a small world after all

I had the opportunity to chaperone my daughter's seventh grade trip to Disney last week. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the "it's a small world" attraction. I remember riding this with my grandmother when I was a girl, and I still love it. Here is a youtube link of people around the world who hum the words too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=weZrqrN9Jp0

 

 
They had a class that applied physics to the imagineering of roller coasters and were permitted to ride Space Mountain with the lights on, and then off.
A fun way to learn
Here is a picture of our Minnie manicure that we did before the trip. (Thanks Pinterest)

 

Part of the educational value of the trip was observing the world around you carefully. We enjoyed looking for the hidden Mickeys embedded into the theme parks' decor and searching for scavenger hunt clues. Here are a few of our favorites:

 

Ten plus miles of walking each day sent my girl home with some blisters, even with tennis shoes and socks. We softened the blow with some treats. I am thankful for the opportunity to share learning adventures with my children.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.