Saturday, December 28, 2013

Faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more



I love Christmas carols. I love their familiarity, and yet, each year, there is a line in some song that I have heard one hundred times before that catches me in a fresh way. This year it was a line from "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" that brought happy tears to my eyes.

"Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us once more."

We are blessed to have a loving family that lives near to us. We are also blessed to enjoy the company of dear friends that share life with us too. Gathering together at Christmastime is one my fondest blessings. Here are some of the gatherings:

Work parties

Cracker Barrel with my pilates friends

Sunday School parties



School friends making cards for the kids at the Children's Hospital



Annual dinner with family friends...just the grown-ups this night


Gathering Near singing "Silent Night" at the Candlelight Service



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.