Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Do Not Despise the Day of Small Things

A Day of Small Things





Spring Break! I do not need to teach today. The kids have nowhere they have to be. Kate is coming here for Laurel's piano lesson. We have at day at home...a real stay-at-home day. A day to be quiet and listen for His voice. A day to be still and run in one hundred different directions. I may even cook something decent for dinner for a change. A day to be together, and a day to be alone.

I have time today to scratch off the sticker residue that was on the upstairs bathroom mirror. I think it's been there since we built our house almost three years ago. And the sticker that someone left on the exercise room mirror. And a sticker on the bottom of a glass canister that I bought to hold my cotton balls and could never scratch off with my fingernail. Oh, glorious goo gone. Oh, glorious free day!

Scratching off stickers might not seem like much of a reason for joy, but it is. A heart of gratitude for small things and the time to accomplish minute tasks that are not important, but that have been dangling over my head UNDONE for so long.  JOY! The gift of time to accomplish, and the gift of time to accomplish nothing. Accomplishing nothing of value IS of great value.

May I learn "the art of leaving things undone" and may I "make the most of every opportunity".

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for a day of small things.

Do not despise the day of small things.... 
Zechariah 4: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.