Saturday, October 24, 2015

Celebrations and conundrums

Natalia's birthday falls on our anniversary. As an anniversary gift to us, we did NOT accompany Natalia to the Shawn Mendes concert last weekend at the fair. Thanks Aunt Nee Nee! (I hope your ears have recovered from screaming fan girls.)
Sleepovers and fall breaks...doughnuts and chocolate cakes
London Eye, meet the SC State Fair
Enter the era of "meet your mother at the rocket"
Meeting the complaints that four of us went to the fair and three did not with nonchalance.
Life is not fair.
 
Going to the friends of the library sale with the grandparents. Getting a funny look when all of us attempt to enter on one membership. Large family problems #42

Reading the Legend trilogy, the Lunar Chronicles, the Under the Never Sky books and the Fox Chronicles. Keeping up with my young adult book club reader kids and pondering Proverbs and Blue, Like Jazz while I drive four hours of carpool around our city
Applying words like miasma to family gas issues
Word girl humor
 
My huntsman

 

Enjoying dinner outside on the garden patio at Terra
Revisiting the autumnal problems of the long-married:
Yes, I understand and champion practicality, but I am also a romantic at heart.
Torn between conflicting ideals such as "Yes, I understand that you need downtime, a hobby, and friend-time too" and
"I still like to feel as exciting as deer season, football, or working out to you"
A do-over the next day and resolve

 

There are three things that amaze me- no, four that I don't understand:

How an eagles glides through the sky,

How a snake slithers on a rock,

How a ship navigates the ocean,

And the way of a man with a woman.

(Proverbs 30: 18-19)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.