I think I will name our Christmas cactus Seymour. It is starting to scare me.
Off with their heads!
No, make that "On with their heads!"
No one ever 'fesses up as to whom is doing all the beheading around here.
I enjoyed being in the classroom again sharing a little bit about my experiences in Cameroon, and how my eyes were opened to all the influences of West African culture on the South. Shrimp and grits, anyone?
My favorite quote was when Mary Jayne was helping me collect artifacts from around our home. She exclaimed, "I never knew our house had so much Gullah culture. I walk by this stuff all the time and never knew."
I used to read the encyclopedias in our house for fun growing up. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that word girls (or nerdy tendencies) run in the family.
I wouldn't be surprised if Natalia takes some kind of culinary classes one day. Who actually likes to peel eggs and chop vegetables for salads?
A few of my favorite things...listening to my kids progress
Bulletin board humor for the minions... Counting our small, often unappreciated, blessings
The two minute dishwasher repair call did not fall in the blessing column.
"Oh? That awful noise? Must have had a green bean stuck in your pump.
It's gone now. That will be ninety dollars."
The weird satisfaction I get from frugality. I think my mama taught me to use a lip brush, but a hair pin works nicely too for the last bits of EOS lip balm hiding in the bottom of the egg.
My husband and daughter do not share this trait as evidenced by his generosity at the last Daddy-daughter shopping spree. Softie.
She looked cute at the middle school dance river cruise, though.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.