Today, my husband gave me an extraordinary gift. To some, this might not seem like much, but to me, it was just what I needed. He hauled the kids off to the hotel pool and gave me a quiet hour to myself. I love our children. I love making memories and having family togetherness, but my soul craves silence and alone time. He knows this, and is equally happy to surf the net while the kids scream in delight and have splash wars. Meanwhile, up in our vacant room, I soak up the quiet.
Psalm 62:1 My soul silently waits for God.
Psalm 61:8 I will sing praise to your name forever, that I may daily perform my vows.
I read Psalms. I do stretches. I pray over our day together. I think about how happy my belly is, full of creamy coffee and a decadent chocolate croissant. I wear yoga pants and do a barre workout from Pinterest and thank God for the lovely coincidence of having a full-length mirror in the room AND a view of the Western mountains. Gratitude wells within me for this lovely hour.
![]() |
| Will's quote in the hot tub "This is the life!" |
"Remaining silent, we trust and hope in God. One psalm suggests that silence is even a form of praise. We are used to reading at the beginning of Psalm 65: "Praise is due to you, O God". This translation follows the Greek text, but actually the Hebrew text printed in most Bibles reads: "Silence is praise to you, O God". When words and thoughts come to an end, God is praised in silent wonder and admiration.
Taize.fr"



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.