Thursday, December 8, 2011

All things directed by Him

The Year of Seven Stockings






 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!

Who can understand his decisions or explain what he does?


"Who has known the mind of the Lord,
       or who has been able to give him advice?" 

       — (Isaiah 40:13)
 

"Has anyone ever given anything to God,
      so that God has to pay him back?" 

      —(Job 41:11) 


  All things come from him. 
   All things are directed by him.
   All things are for his good. 


 To him be glory forever. Amen.

Romans 11:33-36


One of my children recently asked me, "Why didn't anyone else select Natalija and Vilnis to host them for Christmas?" Although I cannot really know, I believe that God's hand "saved" them in the selection process so that we would be permitted to host them again. I cannot fully understand your ways, God, but I wait quietly in expectation to see you move in their lives, and on their behalf over this Christmas. Thank you for loving these children so much more than I ever could. My love is weak, but yours is strong.

May they be filled with wonder and awe at how much YOU love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.